Dentist@Maypole are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally on our website to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you agree to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent to our Data Controller. You can do this:
By email, to: email@example.com
By telephone:0121 809 5505
By writing to: Dentis@maypole, 44 Maypole Lane, Birmingham B14 5JQ
Who we are
We are a team of dental professionals who are passionate about providing the highest possible standards of care.
To ensure we can provide your care safely and effectively, we need to be certain that we have correctly addressed your needs and wishes, answered your questions and also have taken account of your medical history and any treatment that you are undergoing as this may affect how we can provide care for you safely.
Your care may involve several members of our team at this practice and we want to assure you that all members of our team will respect the confidential nature of the information that you have provided and will always protect it from being used by others in an unauthorised way.
We will ask you to complete in writing how and in what circumstances we may use this information in future.
You can choose to stop email, telephone calls, addressed post and/or text messages directed to you by contacting us on or by email us.
Where do we collect information about you?
We collect information about you in the following ways
When you give it to us DIRECTLY
We obtain information about you when you:
- Attend our practice as a patient
- Complete documentation such as a Medical History form
- Agree to or request referral to other professionals
- Receive support from us by contacting us by telephone, text or email
- Take part in one of our surveys
- Attend one of our events
- Make payments to us using a card, credit agency or payment plan
- use our website
When you give it to us INDIRECTLY?
- We may receive information about you from a referring practice
When you give permission to OTHER ORGANISATIONS to share
- If you permit other organisations to give us information such as if you apply for a loan in connection with treatment
What type of information
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it.
Typically, the basic personal information we collect might include:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your GP name and practice address
- Your next of kin or carer contact details
- Your family members names
If you use our website we collect your IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
How do we use your information?
- We process and use your information to provide you with safe dental care.
How long do we keep this information?
- If you would like to know how long we keep your information for, please contact our Data Protection Officer at Dentist@Maypole, 44 Maypole Lane, Birmingham B14 5JQ
How do we keep this information safe?
- When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that there are appropriate technical measures in place to protect it. For example, access is restricted only to those who are entitled to see the data, our online templates and audits are always encrypted and our network is protected and routinely monitored.
Who has access to this information?
Only staff employed at the practice who are involved in your dental care.
- You have a right to ask us to stop processing your personal data and, if it’s not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us (e.g. to provide you with the services, products or information you asked for, processing your payment) we will do so.
- You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. If you want to access your information, send an e-mail, to:
- Alternatively, you can put your request in writing to:
- You have a right to have any incorrect information to be corrected. If there are any discrepancies in the information we provide, please let us know and we will correct them.
You have a right to choose whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
How you can access your information
If you would like to access the information we hold about you, please:
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to: Data controller, 44 Maypole Lane, Birmingham, B14 5JQ
Please note, we may ask you to complete a form in order to help us locate the information that would like access to.
If you are updating your preferences, we need your name and address to make sure we update the right information.
OUR practice Promise:
To ensure your privacy at all times and only to use to use your information for your dental care.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, our privacy practices or data protection, please contact our Data Controller, who is Mr Bipin Patel.
You can do this:
By email, to: email@example.com
By telephone: 0121 809 5505By writing to: Data controller, 44 Maypole Lane, Birmingham, B14 5JQ